Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimland

Technical User
May 1, 2001
US
I'm having difficulties setting up my firewall. I have 2 interfaces on the same subnet (10.9.8.x).

I have 1 interface going to the router and 1 going to a switch. (routergoes to the internet and switch goes to my LAN).

With the 1 going to the router I can ping the router but not the switch ---- and with the 1 going to the switch, I can ping the switch but not the router.

I have followed the instructions on the install booklet. (No default gateway for the interface going to the switch, the default gateway for the 1 going to the router is the router)

Am I doing something considerably wrong here?

Are you saying that you have two interfaces with private IP address in your firewall and one of them is connected to the router which is connected to the internet ?

What do you mean by "with the 1 going to the router I can ping the router but not the switch.....with the 1 going to the switch, I can ping the switch but not the router" ?
Can you describe how you are doing that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back