Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Projects within Visual Interdev

Status
Not open for further replies.

msquires

Programmer
Aug 8, 2000
GB
Does anyone know how to setup a project within Interdev after a website has
already been written?

I'm trying to setup remote debugging and this is apparently (correct me if
I'm wrong) only possible when a project has been setup. The site has already
been completed, however I would like further upgrades to be completed within
the project environment, for the reason stated above.

Can anyone help me? All the blurb I've seen only describes the process as if
this was the first thing you should do.

Thanks

M

Just follow the 'create a new Web' process in VI - except when it gets to the 'Specify your Web (step 2)' with the option to 'Create a New Web application' just enter the name of your existing web (or its IP address, if it is not off the directory). [This assmes that the web is not listed in the Exiting Webs list in the lower part of the page]
It will discover the existing web, and patch in its own configuration files and FrontPage settings.

From now on, other VI users will be able to see this Web in the 'Existing Webs' list, so they will not have to enter the web name, as above.

VI will then create a 'Local' version of the Web on your PC, though it only contains the files that you Open for editing, or explicilty get from the master web. (Content Management)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back