Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting up printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

crows27

MIS
Sep 4, 2001
US
I'm trying to setup up a printer connected to a 98 wks to be available through the NDS on novell 4.11. I've created the queue, printer and print server but am not able to access the printer. I've tried running nptwin95 but it says the printer is not active.

HELP Please.

also, can you recommend how to stop the notification of print jobs.

To stop notification, you need to turn off notification (notify) in the dafault capture tab under Novell Client Propertes.

Also if it is running under Win2k (not sure about other OS), you need to check that 'notify' properties printing preferences (Netware settings tab).

Hope this helps.

Need more information.

Where is this printer on the server or is it attached to this workstation and you want to make it a network printer???

Mark
mark@acsconsult.com

once you run the nprinter for windows (nptwin95), are you selecting the printer and from the NDS browser? if not, that's all you need to do.

Can you be a little more detailed about what you have tried regarding the nptwin95, I have a few clients that are using it, but I must admit, it acts different on each pc.

Michael A. Dontato MCNE, MCSE, CCA
mdonato@site-technologies.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back