Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Up PRI as a tie trunk to a voip system

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashort123

Technical User
Mar 23, 2006
US
I am trying to setup a pri as a tie trunk to a voip system. I have nortel cs1000, and dont know where to start. Our current pri available is on a dual port pri card. I need to know what loads and what commands. Sorry for the lack of any applicable knowledge, but this is definetly not my area and suddenly i am expected to 'get it done'. Thanks for any help.

This is not a voip system that is integrated into the cs1000, but rather a seperate entity that is controlled by other personnel.

ld17, create new DLOP and new dch... ld16, build new route, ld14 build new trunks. Ld 60 to enl the T-1, ld 96 for the dch maint.

Do you have any additional information on the 'other entity'?

What kind of telephone system? Is the other end of your tie PRI already terminated in their equipment? What are they expecting to receive as far as D-Channel protocol? Etc.

THE PRI IS RUN FROM OUR SWITCH TO THEIR EQUIOPMENT, AND I THINK THAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR ESF PROTOCOL.

Ok you need to drop the confusion and leave the voip part of the equation out of the conversation as that looks to be handled by the equipment you are tieing to. All you are talkingabout is a standard T1 tie line.

1. LD 17 CEQU to add the loop
2. LD 17 ADAN to program the Dchannel
3. LD 16 RDB to program the Route Datablock
4. LD 14 to program each channel
5. LD 60 to enable T1 and status
5. LD 96 status and enable Dchannel

Standard setting are ESF B8ZS for the framing and they need to tell you what they need to have the dchannel set up as. NI2 etc. You both have to decide who is the network side and who is the user side.

Then after you get all this working you have to provision your dialing to route calls to this equipment.

Since you are not knowledgeable about programming all of this I would suggest that you contact your vendor and have them provision this remotely. I would say that this would take no more than 1/2 an hour and you can handle the physical connection and the turn up of the T1.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back