Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up number of ringings on analog line till it drops call

Status
Not open for further replies.

technodrew

Technical User
Nov 15, 2005
CA
How can I program a analog phone to ring a certain amount of times and then just drop the line.

It is for a door phone and we want to use it as a one way "press the button and rings on a phone a few times but you dont need to pickup the phone on receiving end, just terminates."

Thanks so much.

you could have it FDN to voice mail application that terminates the call

If you have it forward to a Mail box you can then tell it to play a message, ie " no one is available to take your call, please dial xxx-xxxx for assistance" then it can terminate the call.

those are almost your only options,.. nortel didn;t include, hang up on calling party options in this one yet.. check your rco and set that for the number of rings then forward to a recording, mb or intercept or to a maxp 1 acd with no ncfw.. when i don't want my set to ring, i forward it to the evelator phone.. boss hates that

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back