Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up New Database (I'm new at this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TammyF

Programmer
Aug 17, 2000
US
I have just started learning mySQL. I am creating a web page and using PHP4, connecting to mySQL. I have an authentication screen that links to a database. When this was first created, I was getting help from an associate who knows some mySQL. He had initially set up the database as samp_db and what I need to do is change the database.

I have created a new database and I thought I gave it authorization for me to access it, but authentication screen is no longer working. However if I switch the code back to the samp_db, it works.

Now that I have throughly confused everyone, what I need to know is what needs to be done when creating a new database?

I am running mySQL ver. 3.22.32? on a RedHat linux box. If more information is needed, please let me know. It is late and my mind is no longer functioning.

Thank you for your help.

Ok, I figured out my problem. It had nothing to do with with the database itself, but with the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back