Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Netscreen Firewall 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequietstorm

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2002
US
Someone please help me. I have a Netscreen firewall connected to my cable modem and I would like to restrict users on my network from going out any websites except the one I permitted. How can I set it up? I have very little experience with Netscreen. Right now, I have the cable modem connected to the untrusted port on the netscreen. The untrusted port is set for DHCP. My machice is connected to the trusted port. Unfortunately, I can't even browse the web. I would like the Netscreen to do DHCP. Any kind of help is welcome. Thank you in advance.

Can you access the webUI or access the console using Hyperterminal? Your firewall should have included a CD-ROM with Concept & Examples guide as well as a getting started guide. This should be your first starting point. If you don't have the C&E guides you can download them at:

Just select the software version you have loaded (likely 5.0 or 5.1). Pretty much the info you seek is in the Fundamentals guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back