Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up NAT server

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefstew

Technical User
Oct 27, 2002
GB
Hi,

I am trying to setup a Machine as a NAT server that is a member of a Domain, with no luck. The problem i have is that as soon as i go through the wizard to setup the Network Router in RRAS i can no longer connect to the Net on the machine. Is this normal?
Both Network cards are funtioning fine as there are no problems connecting to other PC's, or the Domain Controller. When i disable RRAS, i am able to connect to the Net once again.
Is there any other configuration that needs to be done on the clients other than specifying the NAT Router as the Default Gateway?
Also...do i have to specify the IP Address i have been assigned by my ISP in the Address Pool?
The main concern i have is that i lose the Internet connection as soon as RRAS is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back