Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up name search on an Audix??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneman2

MIS
May 7, 1999
US
What in the Voice mail system, do I need to turn on to do a name seach via Audix? I know it has something to do with what it looks for first name or number??? Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

As far as I can remember, when you hear the mail box greeting enter *t and follow the prompts. The audix lady asks you to enter the lastname of the person you want to contact. what you have to make sure is that the name on the mail box is added "lastname firstname" for example "Pitt Brad" as the audix searchs on the first word in the name field. commas and other characters tend to confuse it so it is best to leave them out of the name.

What I had failed to do was set up the voice mail box, that did the search by name and not the extension. When you do a search by name that form has 3 pages the last page being very important for the transfer of the call after the search by name.

Thanks all! Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

I need to totally change the auto-attendant message that you hear when you dial our company. However I only want to change the search by extension to search by last name. I want the change to be as transparent as possible but have almost no experience on the switch. I already have the box set up for the last name search I just don't know how to make it active. Also I need to set up virtual maiboxes for the user who don't have a phone on their desk but need to be able to be accessed via last name search. Any simple instructions as how I am new to the Lucent/Avaya system. Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back