Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Music-On-Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakestick

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2003
US
Hello all, it's good to see that there is a helpful phone system community.

Our Merlin system recently powered down, and to our surprise, the battery holding all of our settings was dead this whole time. Everything seems to be back to normal, except for one thing.

According to the Merlin Manual, Music-On-Hold is set up from the attendant station, by pressing the button that corresponds to the MOH jack. However, the attendant station was poorly labelled, and now that the settings have been erased, I'm not even sure if the MOH line button exists!

I know that the MOH is on line 816... but I do not know how to access it when prompted by the attendant display... can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks,
-c. mahoney
chris@indulged.com

If you ahve a flash card in the processor just do a restore form auto backup, or if not then make sure the 816 line is not in a pool or principal user to anyone then goto options I think or Aux Equip, in the middle of soemthing and can't check, then goto music and enter the line number 816. the system will have to idel before it takes.

Press <menu> on your MLX-20L that is connected to the programming port, (usually extension 10). Press the button next to &quot;sys program&quot;, it should be the 5th button down on the right side of the display. Now press the button beside &quot;Exit&quot;, this is the last button on the left side of the display. Now press the button beside &quot;AuxEquip&quot;, this is the 6th button on the right side of the display. Now press the button beside &quot;MusicOnHold&quot;, this is the 3rd button on the left side of the display. Now enter the port that your music on hold coupler is plugged in to. Make sure that you press enter after you have typed the number. Good luck.

John

Thank you for your suggestions. I was unaware that I could just type the line number in and hit enter. The MOH is back online. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back