Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up multiple Remote Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mich

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2000
US
We use Remote Desktops to remotely administer most of our servers here. One of the techs lost his hard drive and is having to rebuild his machine.

Is there a settings file associated with Remote Desktops that I can give him off of my machine so that he won't have to set up each connection one by one.

Thanks in advance.

When you go to open a remote desktop connection click options and than you can do a save as to save current settings. You have to do that for each server, but than you can take the files and open them from any other machine

Mich,

If you click on remote desktop on your computer, you can click options to drop down for more advanced options, and there will be a area to "save as" and you can save all of your settings that you have/want for your tech who is rebuilding his hard drive. The .rdp's save to My Documents by default, and I believe that's where you should keep them to make it easy. You should just be able to copy those over to the Techs computer in his My Documents folder and all of the settings should be the same, depending on how you set them up, as your machine.

the "default.rdp" is a hidden file and i dont think you would need/want to copy that one over to his machine because his computer will make one by default.

I hope this is what you meant by keeping the settings. Let me know if it's is/isn't.

Good Luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back