Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Macro On Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdmoran

MIS
Nov 7, 2011
US
Hello,

I have a simple Macro I created and tested on my computer. It's using an OpenQuery macro and an ImportExportText macro. I need to set these up on the production database that is located on a remote server. When I log into the remote server I switch my production DB to "Exclusive." I was hoping this would allow me to create the macro in the shared database. However, I get an error that says "I cannot open [database name] in exclusive mode because I don't have rights or because another user has the database open"

The thing is there are only three users that have access to this database and they are all closed out. Another thing to note, is that my IT team gave me Administrator rights to the server, so I must have the rights. The last thing to note is that the .ldb won't go away. Would this .ldb file stop be from creating a macro on the production database?? If so, HOW can I get rid of it? I've tried numerous things and have done plenty of research but cannot find a solution.

Please help!!

Thank you,
Brendon

If there is an ldb file, it hints there is someone in the database. You can typically open the file with Notepad to find a machine name. If there is no one in the database, the network/IT team may need to delete the file.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Thank you for the quick response.

Do you know what this means. "You cannot delete the file because it is open in System

Thank you for your reponses. I had to log off the network to delete the .ldb file and then set up my macro.

Cheers,
Brendon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back