Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up LABELS - 7163

Status
Not open for further replies.

REENI

Technical User
Jul 4, 2001
GB
Hello everyone!!

This is an URGENT URGENT callout!!!!!

I'm currently trying to setup some Avery 7163 Labels - using Goldmine as my Datasource.

I'm having silly problems setting up the (customised)label size...can anyone help?? The labels seem to come off the page or won't fit my page!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Reeni

Hi Reeni,

Start by physically measuring the labels that you are going to produce. Be as precise as possible at this stage, as this will cut down the tweaking later.

Note down...

1. The left margin
2. The width of a label
3. The gap between each label across the page
4. The height of a label
5. The gap between each label
6. Let the right hand margin sort it self out.
7. Do not worry about the top/bottom margins as this is
best controlling later using the page header/footer
if necessary.

Use these figures in your set up for the labels.
(PS. Note that the number of labels down/across are given, and these change when you change the values. If using the full height/width you can adjust the sizes to find the sweet spot where it changes from right/wrong number of labels quite easily (you may need 3 or 4 decimal places!!)

Complete the rest as required.

Preview it.

Check the report printer setup / margins within crystal for your label report. It usually helps to set everything to 0 (ie. margins/header/footer). You may need to do this so that you can start from the very top of the page.

You can add each field as new line within a text field and suppress blank lines if you wish.
Alternatively use multiple detail lines and suppress the sections if blank.

If you need to include groupings, then suppress all group header/footer sections, use only the detail section for output.

The rest is trial and error using the report wizard if necessary to tweak the sizes (NOTE this will reset any alignment of data fields in the detail section)

Remember that you should only need to do this once. !!

Good luck,

Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back