Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Internet radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirlojik

Programmer
Mar 29, 2005
UG
Hi people,
My client 'a radio statio' has asked me to setup a website for them which will include live radio streaming. I have never done this before but ofcourse i know its possible.

I want to know the overview of how to overcome this, if you have ever done this before or just know. How do modern radio stations overcome this.

The only knowledge i know is, using windows media services encoder to upload stream to windows media services server, running on same box as webserver. windows media services server then provides link to live stream. This is the theory i know. If there is easier and better ways to do this please let me know.

I have read about this but never had a need to set up my own.

You have a few choices. You could do what you mentioned and set everything up yourself but that will take some technical skills and lots of bandwidth for a few listeners.

Option #1:
Option #2:
Option #3:
Those three cover a good spread of options, one should fit what you're looking for based on your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back