Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up FVS318 with Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

caskater

Technical User
Mar 21, 2004
US
Hello folks. I'm a noobie to the world of VPNing and am hoping to fix that... I've been reading a whole lot about the stuff, looking through several different websites and at different software and have failed to be able to set up a proper VPN tunnel. My set up is like so. I've got a FVS318 on my home network with a dynamic IP address that hasn't changed in 4 years (so we can just say its static, hehe). I want to be able to connect my laptop from anywhere, even from behind other routers and systems (like a corporate office, or another home network). I have SSH Sentinel 1.3.2 intalled on the laptop and have been trying to set up and test everything out. I was hoping someone could give a quick guide on how to set up the router and Sentinel to get this thing to work, since all the places i've looked don't have that info and i continually have not gotten it right. Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back