Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up email delivery for scheduled reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

senamuna

Programmer
Nov 21, 2006
CA
Good day to you !

I am setting up a SAP BO Enterprise XI site for a demonstration. I had set it up successfully except for the email delivery. I am still unsuccessful to send the email out.

This is set up on my work PC running on Windows 7. I have local admin rights and i am trying to use my Outlook account to send emails. The report fails with the error message "write error. [CrystalEnterprise.Smtp]: [Error sending mail message to SMTP server. Return code: [].]"

Can you recommend me a good book or an article which will walk me through the process. The manual "SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise CMC Help" guided me so far, but I did not find a section which outlines the steps needed.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sena

Which version of BO XI are you using? R2 or 3.x? Since you say "XI" I'm assuming that you're not using BI 4.0.

You actually have to set up the email destination in multiple places under Servers in the CMC:

Destination Job Server
Crystal Reports Job Server (if you're running Crystal reports)
Web Intelligence Job Server (if you're running Webi reports)
Desktop Intelligence Job Server (if you're running Deski reports)

To do this configuration, you'll need the following information:

Domain Name: Name of the domain where the SMTP server resides. This is in the format "mydomain.com".
Host: Name or IP address of your SMTP server.
Port: Default is 25
Authentication: The type of authentication required for sending an email. Generally this is "None", but check with your email administrator to determine whether it needs to be something else.
User Name and Password are only required if the Authentication type is not None. These will be a Network ID and password NOT a BO ID and password.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back