Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up CR to Run from ASP.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

infomania

Programmer
Oct 27, 2002
I am having difficulty setting up the VB script to set parameters before opening a Crystal Report (using Visual Studio 2003). I am using a report created in CR v9 which I brough into my ASP.Net web project. The report has 4 parameters, one of which I would like to set as the user opens the report (customer_id). After the report opens, the user has the ability to refresh the report with three parameters ( vessel, voyage and product_type).

I am getting a logon error when the report tries to open. I am connecting with an Access MDB database. There is no logon security setup for the database, itself. Users come in through an https:// connection to the server.

Any ideas? I looked through the FAQ without much success.

Hello
I have a jave script in my ASP page :
function open2()
{
var prompt1 = prompt("Please Enter Customer PO to Search :", "");
if (prompt1 == null || prompt1 == "")
return;
else
var surl = "../../Accuridefs/Reports/accrunreport.asp?rptname=cust_po.rpt&parm=" + prompt1;
window.open(surl, "fsLaunch");
window.close();
}

This gets the required data from the user.
I believe that by default Enable prompt is turned off.

session("ACCRpt").MorePrintEngineErrorMessages = False
session("ACCRpt").EnableParameterPrompting = False
session("ACCRpt").DiscardSavedData

Above code is found in AlwaysRequiredSteps.asp
This can be found on the crystal web site. Look for aspxmps9.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back