Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Contests in Aloha 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadang

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2005
US
What I am looking to do is set the POS up so the Managers can run and track contests. Can anyone tell me where to locate this information. I did not see anything in the AKB's. I know that it has to do with setting up categories which I already have but I just need to know how to put it into play for the managers.

Thanks for any help
Brian

Make sure your catagories are set up correctly. For example if running oa contest on bottle wine sales I need a catagory containing all bottle wines and nothing else. If setting up a new catagory be sure your new catagory is flagged as a non-sales catagory.

The contest tracking is called a performance measure. Go to [Maintenance][Labor][Performance Measures]. Create a new performance measure and assign the taget catagory. On the right of the screen you will have choices as how you want the performance measure to track. (straight sales, sales per guest ect.) A good example of a performance measure is check average. That would be done by creating a catagory that includes all items. Assign that catagory to the new performance measure and flag it to track as "Sales to Guests" which is sales of the associated catagory items divided by guest count.

After you set up the performance measure it should print automatically at the bottom of every checkout. You will also have access to performance measure reports under [Reports][Sales][Performance Measures].

Hope that helps...

The only problem with the performance measure of tracking, is it doesn't give you performance deatials vs. other employees in a format ranking each employee against each other.

Once you have setup the category of the items that you wich to track by employee, you can track sales over a longer periods ranked by the employee with the most sales $/%, etc.

Start by creating a new PMIX report to track sales by employee for you contest. In the settings of this report:

1. Uncheck Inc Sales&Retail Categories
2. Check Inc Non-sales categories and select the category(s) that you created to track the sales of your employees. for the contest.
3. Select either Sort by: Qty sold or Sales depending on how you want to track the contest.
4. Select Group By Category to group each sales contest together.
5. Check Same Item different price to group the items sold at discounted prices together by employee or else you employee may have mutliple totals in each contest category.
6. Optionally select Sales% by group or category to see the portion of the sales that each employee is responsible for in the enitre period in which you run the report for.

Caveats to this:
Until you create the category and refresh data, there will no historical sales for the category sortable by employee. If you create a category on the 1st of the month then add new items in the middle of the month to that category, the historical sales for those new items will not be in the report until the DOB in which you added them to the category.

Hope this helps you out. I( would recommend creating multiple sales trackoing categories and periosically running it to see where you caould drive your sales with some competition.

Scott Morgan
srmservices.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back