Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up container level search control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koohsa

Programmer
Sep 4, 2003
US
I have been recently introduced to Exchange 5.5, and now our community college wants to offer email accounts for the students. That is all fine and good, but I do not want the faculty/staff to see the student accounts in the GAL and vice versa. I have read several articles about container level search control, but I must be doing something wrong since the test student account is still seeing all in the GAL and I still see the student account.

I have two address book containers (NMJC, Students) with the permissions set to search role. These ABV containers are link to global groups (NMJC and NMJC Students).

I have followed the instruction on the following article, but still not working like it should.

Questions:

1. Should I have two recipient containers (NMJC and NMJC Students) or one with two different company attributes (Recipients)?

2. When it said to “restrict the Site Service Account at the organization level to the search role” what should that screen look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back