Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SETTING UP COMPAQ TO MULTILINK WITH 2 INTERNAL MODEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

babelajoy

Technical User
May 31, 2001
US
Hi, I am trying to set up a Multilink ISP account with two internal PCI modems, they are both Compaqs, urgh. I have tried it with a Windows ME system and Windows 98. No success. Either system, on reboot, picks it up and tries to install it. Neither system has the drivers for the other Modem, so I went into my restore disks and found the drivers, installed those, removed dial up networking, added it back in again, removed all modems, created a different Com port, all with no luck. Inside the machine the original modem PCI remains in the second slot, and i have tried the addition modem on the first slot and the third slot all with no luck. Windows 98, freeezes and locks and restarts on its own. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS WORK? PLEASE HELP ME.

Oh let me add, one of the modems is a Conexant HCF PCI data Fax V90, 56K bla bla bla, and the other is called a MicroModem HC___, but the actual name on the card is ActionTec and it reads as a Pctel in the device manager.

Thanks
Thanks you much,
Joy

See my answer in General Modem discussion, and please don't double post. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back