Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up CDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbenh

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2002
US
I have a G3siV11 (Software Version: R011i.02.0.110.4) with two cabinets. On the back of the primary cabinet I have a DOT and DCE port. I also have a C-Lan card.

What I would like to do is capture CDR (call detail records). In reviewing other posts, there seem to be three means: output to a printer, output to a capture device, and output to call accounting package.

Capturing to a printer is the simplest, but least powerful.

We have ASA (Avaya Site Admin) running on a PC in our switch room that nightly saves report data (list bcms vdn, list bcms trunk, list bcms split) that we then parse and insert into SqlServer with an internal application. So outputting to the PC via the serial port or by the C-Lan card would seem to be the most logical. If I can get the data stream, I can write an application to parse and save it. If there are software packages for less than $1000, let me know.

What I need help on is setting up the switch for either the serial or C-Lan option. Which port on back of the cabinet, what settings in what forms, etc.

Thanks Ben

If anyone would like the source code to the report parsing application (command line app written in C#), let me know.

Hi, I have a Definity Prologix R012i.01.1.414.1, and we have app that we developed receving the CDR , its connected to the DCE Port, its labeled J2-DCE. You could make a test using the Terranova Software (Avaya terminal emulator) connect the DCE to your serial port and activate it Capture On, and you will be seeing the CDR

Hi jbenh.
To get CDR, first you must administer it with the command "change system-parameter cdr" (abbr: cha sys cdr).
In this screen you can select the format of cdr output and where it output. For serial port, I seem remember that you must select "eia".
Then, you can get CDR info in serial port an you can capture it using a terminal emulator, like Hyperterminal.
I have do this long time ago and I was used a cable with only TD,RD and SG signals from RS232 interface and whith
9600,8,n,1 settins in Hyperterminal.

Sorry my English.

Suerte.

Floro.

How would you collect CDR using HyperTerminal and CLAN (IP Address)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back