Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Call Pilot 100/CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigbeale

Technical User
Oct 26, 2007
US
Hi,

I just got a call pilot 100 to interface with my Norstar CICS.

I plugged it into my ethernet network, connected the PORT-A to the port on the front of the CICS. and turned it on.

doesnt ping or let me access it via http.

any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks,

Craig Beale

It needs to go to a station port off of the CICS.

You need to run a reverse cat5e patch cord from your NIC on your laptop to the ethernet port on the inside the Call Pilot.

Give yourself 192.168.110.11, subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway leave blank or use 192.168.110.10 and ping away.

by a station port, do you mean punched down onto the block, or connected into a port on the wall?

You can talk to it via ethernet whether or not it's attached to a digital port.

I dont have a cross over cable handy I have to go pick one up.

Its not letting me talk to it via ethernet though. The top and bottom network lights are on, which should mean its seeing everything good, but it doesnt want to let me ping or talk to it over http

you can verify the IP on startup by monitoring the Serial port and watching for the IP to come across.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

It isn't gonna work w/o a crossover. Is it out of the box or is there a chance the default IP has been changed?

You can connect the CP to the network, then change the IP of another PC on the network to 192.168.110.11. You will be able to communicate with the CP. I do this in our office to test CP's all the time. Just remember to change the IP of the PC back after you're finished.

Brian Cox

what I ment was that 1. if the IP is in question or 2. if you are not sure that the CP has come up fully operational then capturing the data off of the serial port during startup is the only way to tell what is going on or what the IP is programmed to be.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

If you are not sure on the Cross connect cable then I would agrea with exsmogger, it's probably your fast way to talk to the CP

Ethernet or not to Ethernet that is the question.....In order to use the Call Pilot you need to hook it to the CICS via a station port...If someone knows something else please enlighten me.....

No, you're right, hawks. If the CP isn't connected to a KSU, it won't boot up.

Re-reading helps sometimes....
Quote:connected the PORT-A to the port on the front of the CICS. and turned it on.

Sounds like he hooked it up to the useless RJ11 port on the front.

You need to hook it up as you do the phones.

CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back