Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting up call logging for 1140e phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvarela

MIS
Apr 7, 2010
US
I am trying to setup call logging for 1140e phones on a cs1000 with rls 4.5, The phones are setup to log all calls but there is no key for callers or call log. Any help is appreciated

Change is made on Signalling Server:

Go to Element Manager on the Signaling Server

Choose IP Telephony

Choose Personal Directories

Under the Server IP Address field, enter the IP address of the *ELAN*

Click Submit

If there are users built, and they already have a station control password set, this will need to be reset under the User Profile tab (there is a pull-down arrow with 4 choices). This will enable the Personal Directories, Call Log, and Redial list to appear on the set. The station control password will reset to the *extension* number on the phone. Then users can manually access their Services/Password Admin to change their SCPW from their phone if they wish.

The signaling server has options that allow you to back up the Personal Directories so that when you do firmware upgrades, the data is saved and can be restored (previously the data was erased after firmware upgrades). You can also copy a Personal Directory from one set to another.

I think I understand. I just set my 1140e to Log All Calls and it shows 3 New Calls on the display - but you don't know how to list the calls, right? You have to press the Directory key that is located under MSG/INBOX and SHIFT/OUTBOX under the display on the right side :)
Then you just use the scroll key to arrow down to Callers List and press Select softkey under the display - then you scroll down to see who called :) Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back