Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up Automated Attendent

Status
Not open for further replies.

pshull

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2004
US
Hi,

I currently have a Partner ACS R6 and Messaging R1. My system has been working great for the past 7 or 8 months and now I want to add automated attendents. I have the Windows software for both the Partner and the Messaging and I used both to configure my system. I only want very simple automated attendant ability and was wondering if this was possible.

When a call comes in the auto attendent picks up.
It gives a brief message and says
Press 1 for service
Press 2 for sales
Press 3 for administration questions
and press 8 to dial an extension directly.

I'd like it when 1 is pressed for the system to go to a submenu that says press 1 if this is an emergency, press 2 for non-emergency press 3 for anything else. If someone presses 1 it rings at 4 different people's desks (extensions 11,12,13,14) and if no one answer's it goes to the "service voicemail." If someone presses 2 it rings directly at someone's extension and goes to their voicemail box. If someone presses 3 it rings at another person's extension and goes to that person's voicemail.

I'd like it when 2 is pressed for the phone to ring at 3 different extensions (i.e. 15,16,17) if no one picks up it goes to the "sales voicemail box"

I'd like it when 3 is pressed for the phone to ring at 3 different extensions (i.e. 18,19,20) if no one picks up it goes to the "administration voicemail box"

I'd like it so that if someone press 8 they have an opportunity to dial an extension directly (i.e. 22).

Is this possible?

Thanks!!!

Hi pshull,
Nortel or what!!! Come on, give people a chance to directly dial an extension without the 1,2,3 nonsense. Use 4 (if free),5,6 for selections.

I know this is easy to do on R6 or R7. You can fake R1 to do this if it is not direct. I only have one R1 out there and lots of everything else.
Send selector code ? to calling group 2, the next to calling group 3 and the last to calling group 4. Set up a mailbox for 72,73 and 74. If you can't cover directly to voicemail, set up a phantom extension with mailbox coverage.
This way, if the caller knows the extension, they can just pound it in instead of being forced to live the Nortel way.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back