Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up APPC LU 6.2 Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfyre

MIS
Mar 14, 2005
US
I have been given four LU's to work with.

DR0A, DR0B, DR0C, DR0D

DR0A being the workstation ID. I have followed the LU 6.2 wizard, but still cannot get the connection to work.

THE DR0A LOCALID = 2 DR0B = 3 DR0C = 4 DR0D =5 from what I've read makes it a dependent APPC LU. However this will not allow for parallel sessions from what I've read. In order for it to be independent it must = 0. When I set the ID, I also have to set a remote APPC LU. This one is supposed to be assignable to a user or group. My question is, How do I set up DR0A to be aquired on the SNA session and have multiple sessions for the application to to use... IWPM (An IBM Image software).

This is the first time for me to set up an APPC LU and there is very little helpful documentation out there to assist.

There are two types of APPC LUs, dependent and independent. If you are connecting via a program that uses APPC or CPIC, you want independent. Otherwise, you want dependent.

That's the starting point. You then need to assign those LUs to the correct configured users.

Need more infor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back