Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up an M4000 and 2540 array

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenCunningham

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
GB
Morning folks. I wonder whether anyone has any experience of setting up an M4000 with a 2540 array? This is likely to be my task within the next month so please feel free to share experiences, good, bad and indifferent. Thanks.

I want to be good, is that not enough?

I can't say I have experience with the array you mention, but I have quite a bit of experience on the M4000"s. I'm not sure if your saying your M4000 is up an running already.

Thanks for the response. It's not currently up and running - indeed it's not even bought as yet! I was really just after some general opinions and experiences.

The M4000's are a different beast than a normal sparc machine from Sun in regards to setting them up, it is because they are actually built by fujitsu, I have a handful of them in production right now, I actually like them. They are really easy to set up, it uses a network console called a XSCF, it has the ability to run multiple domains, and is pretty powerful.they pretty much are the next generation V890's which we have another handful of, that is what they are suppose to be equivilent to, but they are more powerful.

If you have specific when setting them up when you get them, just ask.

Thanks - I will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back