Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up an Internet Cafe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aprocfu

Programmer
May 25, 2007
Hi, I am interested to setup an Internet Cafe. My questions are the following:

1-Do I need Windows Server to control other compuetrs(user computers) or XP is enough?

2-What is a good Internet Cafe Application that could monitor and manage(timing, printing and so on) the user computers and their application. Also an Application that can reset if things change in-between users or crash

3-Also I would like to add gaming option where two or more users can play a game toghether

I appreciate your asistance

Hi,
before exploring the technical side, you should maybe look into the legal issues involved in being a provider of Internet connectivity in a public access location..The cost of insurance alone may make it a very expensive proposition..

If those hurdles are not a bar, then ask a local cafe what they did...It may give you some ideas about how you want to manage yours..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I have setup cyber cafes in the past. There is a lot of different solutions. In reference to the server question, your answer is yes and no. No you don't need a standalone server. This means you don't need to buy an additional server. You can use your front desk/register machine as the server. If you use this scenario, I would highly recommend implementing a backup solutions like acronis.

Here are is a links to some software I would recommend

This is a professionally written piece of software that really covered everything. I would stay away from cyber cafe pro. It has alot of bugs.

The way this software works is that customers will have an account created. They will pay for time that will be added to the account as if they were buying a regular retail item. This time does not have to be used all at once. It is stored to the customers account until it is depleted.

Customers will then log onto any machine. They will be notified if time is running out, expired, etc.

If I remember correctly, this software also integrated retail sales option such as snacks and drinks. Customers can also place an order right from their computer so they don't have to leave their game or chat session.

Cyber Cafes can be very profitable if run correctly. I wish you the best of luck

Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back