Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up access Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim1988

Technical User
Sep 18, 2012
US
However I am unsure as to what the proper way of storing the data in the database is, I am pulling error codes off of vehicles and would like to have a way indexing the errors.

Basically I have a “Record locator” (the VIN, then up to 50 pieces of data in the following format in excel)
Primary-error | sub-error| Text | Data| text

What I would like to have, at the end of the day, is an easy way to see how many vehicles have each primary error. Then determine the percentage of the vehicles in the database that have the same errors
IE, 20 of the cars of 40 have a P0340 code, 50%… 4 cars have a p0399 code, 10% and (This is where it might get tricky) have this list automatically add new codes if a new code appears on only one vehicle…

hi,

Your Excel spreadsheet question would be best addressed in forum68.

This forum is VERY inactive, and should probably be removed.

Specifically, you might want to report your data using the PivotTable feature.

If you require more assistance, please repost your question and related information regarding what you have tried, in forum68.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back