Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a user that only has reporting access

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyb123

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a user to have reporting access only to our Director.

I've assigned the user to the Reporting Administrative role - this has:

None selected under user management
None selected under Distributed List
None selected under Basic work group
and
None under Site

but when I log in as the user I can still fully administer everything - what have I missed?

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Dumb question, but you don't have the user under Administrative Permissions >> Administrators do you?

I meant to say... Under Administrative Permissions >> Administrators, do you have the Administrative Role set correctly?

Hi Jamie

the user is assigned in the Admistrators list with the reporting role assigned to them

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

You will still see the database information as normal, but you are not seeing "You may not modify the configuration database." at the header of each page?

Ahh I see. didn't spot that earlier.

How daft - Would be better so as to not show it at all........

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back