Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a telephone assistance service

Status
Not open for further replies.

robocat

Systems Engineer
Aug 31, 2020
IT
Hello, I googled a lot to find a solution to my problem .. but I couldn’t solve. I hope some expert out there can kindly provide me with some suggestion.

In the company where I work we are setting up telephone assistance service managed everyday by two engineers.
If a customer calls for help, the call is diverged to the first engineer, which answers. If the first does not answer or is busy, the call is diverted to the second engineer’s phone.
If no one answers, the customer can still leave a message to be called back as soon as possible.
Both engineers should receive missed call alerts and have access to the voicemail.
The available engineer must receive the call along with the ID of the caller.
It must also be possible to access the call log with indication of the duration.
The availability groups are daily changing therefore there must be a method/portal where it is possible to change the list of diversions.

Ideally, phones shouldn't be VOIP but “simple” cell phones.
Also ideally, incoming calls should be received on one of SIM card of our ownership.

Thank you in advance for your kindness.

Regards,
Roberto

What is the the make and model

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hello curlycord, thank you for replying.
That is exactly my question. What can I use to achieve my goal.

Rob

Currently we have a mobile phone containing the "master" SIM, which is the number that customers call to get support.
Everyday we manually set a redirection of the "master" phone to the daily available 24h engineer.
Given that our business is growing, often happens that the first available engineer is busy so I would like to implement the above described method involving also a "backup" available engineer.

All of us have a company mobile phone equipped with voice and data connectivity. No switchborad.

I tried to solve using a web-based switchboard, forwarding the call to the "master" phone to the virtual switchboard. Unfortunately this method did not work. Either it was not possible to forward the call to one number but all of them rang together. Or It was not possible to use voice forwarding and VOIP was needed, or the received call did not show the calling number, or no voicemail was avaiable...
I do not like VOIP because in some places internet connectivity could be weak while voice connectivity works almost everywhere.

I really look forward for a web-enabled system, configurble from remote, that enables all my requirements.
This could also include a local hardware switchboard connected to the internet. Or a "virtual" switchboard online, or... things I could not think of.

Suggestions highly welcome.

Thank you and best regards,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back