Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a Site hosted on a IIS6 in Dreamweaver MX

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman070578

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2002
GB
I am having problems setting up a site in Dreamweaver MX which is hosted on my Windows 2003 server running IIS.

In Dreamweaver I have set the Server Technology to be ASP VBScript. I set Dreamweaver to edit locally and upload to remote testing server. I then set up how I connect to my testing server as local/network. underneath I put in the where the files are copied to test (http:\\192.168.10.1\), and ticked the update to refresh remote file automatically.
It then asked for the HTTP address whicjh dreamweaver uses to communicate with the test server. I also put in
Now if I click the Test URL button, it says : contains an invalid path.

If I click on OK, it then displays another box saying the URL test Prefix was succesfull. I then set the checking in/out of files to disabled.

Once I have finished, another box pops up saying "Cannot display remote folder: The filname, Directory Name, or Volume Label syntax is incorrect. Make sure the remote folder is available, or choose another one from the edit site dialog. To try again, click the "refresh" button in the site window.

I have set up Windows 2003 Server IIS with the standard settings. I am just using the default website, and can browse the page if I put in my Internet Browser.

Anyone got any ideas?

d.philpin@dewisant.pembroke.sch.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back