Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Up a persons meeting request for another person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTALLY

MIS
May 6, 2002
US
Hello,

I need to know how I am able to setup meeting request of mine on anothers persons machine? I want another person to get my meeting request when I get them hgow can I set this up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

PYALLY

A few questions....
What mail client are you using?
What mail client is the receipient using?
Do you have a mail centralised sever?

What your asking is easily achieved but reliant on a few things.

If you are running Outlook 97/200/XP via a centralised mail server (Exchange/MDaemon etc..) simply click on
File>New>Meeting Request. Then fill out the required information (meeting date, time, place etc..) then
send. The receipiant will then receive an e-mail and will have to confirm or deny the request. If they confirm it Outlook automatically places the meeting in their calendar & you then receive a confirmation e-mail back. If they don't confirm you'll receive an e-mail stating otherwise.

Give me a shout back with your set-up..

Taki186

"Who's more foolish the fool or the fool that follows him?"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi -

I am sorry I forgot that info. I am running Outlook 2000 with a Exchange 5.5 . But what I want is for someone else to have my reminders pop up on there machine as it does on mine. Can this be done?

Thanks,

PTALLY

Set them up as a delegate and keep the option enabled for them to receive a copy of your meeting requests when assigning permissions. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back