Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Up a PassThru Domino Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

horna

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
I am trying to setup a passthru Notes server, in the DMZ, and so far, can not connect to my Domino mail server through the passthru server.
Here is the sequence : Client (on a test DSL line) ==> Domino Passthru Server (DMZ) ==> Hub Domino Server (LAN) ==> Domino Mail Server (LAN). Note : The Passthru is on a different Domino Domain, than the mail LAN servers.
I have setup Connection Documents, but they may not be correct. I am assuming that I need to setup a connection document on the client to reach the Passthru Server. Then a Connection Document from the Passthru Server to the Hub Server, correct?
Do you know of any good (easy to understand) documentation on setting up a Passthru Domino Server?
Thank you very much for your help.

The PassThru server works!!!
==> Make sure you have Server Connection Documents for all servers involved. Currently, I have only the Connection Documents on the PassThru server side, going to all the other servers.
==> Now, for the Connection Documents on the PC. It is extremely important to setup two Connection Documents. One, just to identify which server is the PassThru. The second Connection Document actually connections you to the PassThru server. If you test it from the DMZ, use the external IP address in your PassThru Connection Document.
If you test if from the internet, use the Passthru server's internal IP Address.
Now, as for the Location Document, setup as follows :

Home/email server : mail server name
Passthru server : Passthru server name
Catalog/domain search server : Passthru server name
Domino directory server : mail server name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back