Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a optiPoint 400 IP phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash575

MIS
Jun 16, 2008
I have an IP phone I would like to hang off one of our phone systems at a specific location. This phone system still has the two default IP phone allowance on it, I think the system is a HiPath 1500 V3.0 (or is that just the management card?).

These two sites (not only separated by distance) are also on their own unique subnet.

I am currently on a 104 subnet while the system I want to configure this phone for is on a 1 subnet. All traffic is routable between subnets.

In theory I should be able to specify an IP address to this phone of 192.168.104.150 along with gateway and subnet mask (192.168.104.254 and 255.255.255.0) then point it to our phone system 192.168.1.240 (manager E interface) or 192.168.1.241 (manager I interface) not sure which one considered the "system" address for sure.

From there should that phone system see this phone then and then I can configure it through manager E? For the longest time I was getting the error message "PBX system unknown" or something like that on the display. Now I get a "Reject Cause Unknown" error. Not sure which one is better to have.

I did find a manual online for the optiPoint 400 however its pretty bland reading and doesn’t tell me a whole lot. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

To start:(you need full access on the system and no customer administration. Otherwise some area's you need to be are locked off.)

In the manager e application you'll have to configure a internal number on a port in the station list that is not bound to a hardware address.

After that you go to the HXGS station tab. Here define it as a system client.

When that is done you'll have to make a configuration in the HG1500. (i'm doing this from crapy documentation. cause i can't reach any live systems atm. So i hope i'm right)

On the webpage goto Explorer-Voice gateway-clients-system.
Here you'll have to add the station as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back