Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a loud bell to ring 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rval80

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
US
I'm in the process of taking out a Nortel MICS and putting in an IP Office. Currently, they have a loud bell that rings if the lady at the front desk does not answer the phone after 3 rings. The way it works now, is if she doesn't answer, her phone forwards to a dummy extension in the phone closet which rings an auxiliary ringer. They want to keep it where the bell rings after 3 rings. I know I need to make the ringer an analog extension on the IPO, but what would be the best way to make it ring after reception rings 3 times?

Either a sequential hunt group with reception then the bell on a 9 second no answer.

Or a group with reception in then another group with the bell and reception in. First group set to overflow to the second after 9 seconds.

First means only one is every ringing and will ring each for 9 seconds.
Second means reception rings for 9 seconds and then both ring for however long the no answer time is set on the overflow group.

| ACSS SME |

Pepp, thanks for the tips. Of course right after I hit send on that, I thought of the hunt groups. Thank you for your time.

Ok, another question here. Does it need to be set to something other than standard telephone, like an IVR port? As soon as I connect it, the bell starts ringing, so I'm thinking it's because I have it set to a standard extension.

You need a capacitor in series with the bell, 0.1uF 300Volts bipolar.

Wasn't there an option in hunt groups to alert an analogue extension after some time the call is not answered?

The analog ext to notify option in the group queuing section is designed for this type of operation but it is triggered by calls queuing not how long they have been ringing for

It may still be worth discussing with the customer as often the specification to work like the old system is only because that was the best the old system could do.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back