Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Up a Cisco ASA 5510 - Nameserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

chchristoph

Technical User
Sep 12, 2011
DE
Dear Experts,
I am trying up to set up a new Cisco ASA 5510 (ASA 8.4; ASDM 6.4); after having completed the Startup Wizard and providing my internal network with DHCP by the firewall, I can connect to the internet. If I do not have the firewall provide DHCP but have it done by a MS Small Business Server on the network I can only access web sites if I enter the numerical IP adress of the web server I want to access - i.E. adress translation does not work. So in the ASDM Software I went to "Configuration -> Device Management -> DNS -> DNS Management -> Configure one DNS Server Group" and entered the IP addresses of the primary and secondary DNS Server of my ISP; Still in order to access a web site I still need to enter the numerical IP adress of the site. What else do I have to do to make address translation work?

Thanks for your help,
Christoph

if the ASA is providing DHCP services then you need to configure the name-servers under the dhcp pool.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back