Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a 2600 router

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH24

MIS
Jun 18, 2001
GB
I am need to setup a Cisco 2600 router to another companys Cisco router, this needs to incorporate about 4 ISDN Bri channels so that all the ISDN is configured for PPP Multilink to make a 1/2 meg or 1 meg link.
What is the best sort of config to use for this??

Thanks

I am going to have to say this - Haven't you thought about Leased Line/FR/MPLS rather than expensive ISDN calls?

A lease line is not an option as this is not a long term connection, i have about 4 spare ISDN lines at the moment so this seems the ideal solution.

I am need to setup a Cisco 2600 router to another Cisco 1600 router, I already have one internal DSU/CSU 56/64 in the Cisco 2600 and one DSU/CSU external with the Cisco 1600 conected with a V.35 cable. I already have an 128 ISDN line installed P to P.

What is the best sort of config to use for this?

I never do this befeore, and I need the list of material that I need. Ej. one T568A to talk to the router, or one T568B, Laptop, where to find the list of commands that I need, Etc.

Thanks

this is a good place to start:

here is more general areas of dial configs.

Finally, this should have almost everything that you might need..

Erik Rudnick, CCIE No. 9545
mailto:erik@kuriosity.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back