Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up 911 for a remote location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallo69

Technical User
Oct 2, 2009
US
Subject Matter Experts I have a CS1000M Rls. 5.5 and a small locations across the street with a 200 pair extender to provide phone services from the CS1000M. Needless to say when someone dials 911 from the small office the PSAP dispatches to the main location which is a problem.

I have a Universal Trunk Card, and I ordered a new POTS line to be delivered to the small office across the street so now I need to connect the POTS to the Universal Trunk Card so when the users at the small office dial 911 the calls go over the new POTS line only.

I do not remember the logical steps to make this happened, I need to know the steps to program the Universal Trunk Card, if I need a new RLI and a new RDB and what I need to change on the sets so this works...

Can someone share the steps and loads I need to make changes please?

Thank you in advance

Thank you for the information, I am not sure if the corporation has licenses to use ESA.

This is what I was planning to do so far, but I am not sure if this will work out, I think that I am missing something to make sure 911 calls from each one of the remote locations rides over the correct POTS.

Changes for each location:

REMOTE LOCATION ONE

1) Program a COT route in LD 16 (Route 2) DES 9399e911 with TARG of 6 & ACOD 8002 (Need to change TGAR for all main facility sets to 6 to block them from accessing the wrong 911 route)

2) Programmed 1 member for Route 2 in LD 14 on the Universal Trunk Card port number 28 0 00 04 (COT trunk with ground start signaling)

3) Cross connect the POTS to the UTC Port 28 0 00 04 (Test for dial tone pending)

4) Program a new Route List Index (8) in LD 86 using the new route 2

5) Program 911 as SPN in LD 90 and choose the new RLI 8 (Pending)

6) Use the test IP set in the switch room prior to make a system wide change.

7) Set the TGAR for all the sets at this location to 7

REMOTE LOCATION 2

1) Programmed a COT route in LD 16 (Route 3) DES 9235e911 with TARG of 6 & ACOD 8003 (Need to change TGAR for all main facility sets to 6 to block them from accessing the wrong 911 route)

2) Programmed 1 member for Route 3 in LD 14 on the Universal Trunk Card port number 28 0 00 06 (COT trunk with ground start signaling)

3) Cross connect the POTS to the UTC Port 28 0 00 04 (Test for dial tone pending)

4) Programmed a new Route List Index (9) in LD 86 using the new route 3

5) Program new 911 as SPN in LD 90 and choose the new RLI 9 (Pending)

6) Use the test IP set in the switch room prior to make a system wide change.

7) Set the TGAR for all the sets at this location to 8

ESA isn't an "option" is is a standard feature in your release. You don't have to pay extra for 911. Everything I did in that uses standard issue features.

Program it like I have shown or it will not be ESA compliant and you will have a jerry-rigged system.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

I will do that, in fact I cannot wait to get to the site so I can implement since your recommendation makes a lot more sense and it is less complicated.

I find this post very timely,I'm doing pretty much the same thing--but with branches converted to SMGs.

If I have not configured ERLs yet, for 300+ sets, and it says ERL 0,then I'm assuming those sets follow the regular spn programming for 911--would that be true?

Is ld 24 required? My customer's PRI's are all restricted to their 'main #' for each site by the c.o. I can't manipulate any digits on them so am thinking this would be a wasted effort...and they have no osn set.

The scenario I documented was done so with Nortel's 911 guy on the line. So, you can be certain it is correct.

As for the ERLs on the stations - you'll see how they relate to the ERL in LD117

LD24 is required, and even if you do not have DISA, you can do ESA in LD24 without DISA active.

I don't know how the CO restricting numbers will impact the 911, but each telco has a 911 group that can advise you on that.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

I have a couple of issues, there is no ERLs and I do not have the same RLI for 911 showing under LD 24 PRT ESA

>LD 24
REQ PRT
TYPE ESA
CUST 0
ENTR 0
ESDN 911
ESRT 1
DDGT 911
MISDIAL_PREVENTION YES
MISDIAL_DELAY 2
ALOW_LASTDIG_REPEAT YES
DFCL 3036294000
OSDN
VOLO_COUNT 0
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 46008447 USED U P: 5383027 238603 TOT: 51630077
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 382 KBYTES
REQ
DTC001

OVL000
>LD 117

=> PRT ERL
No ERLs configured

Any ideas?

On release 5.0 and up its now so easy to set up 911. ERL is the key.

1) Define ESA LD 24
2) Define ERL ld 117 ( for each site)
3) LD 10 and 11 each phone has ERL (default 0, 911 calls will use standant ld 90 911 programing. Under ERL in each set put the number define in ld 117 there.
Leave the main site ERL default 0.

This is a CS1KM SG Rls. 5.5

Maybe I don't have something enabled in this siwtch because when I try to add a new ESA in LD 24 I get this:

REQ NEW
TYPE ESA
CUST 0
SCH0282
CUST

As far as the ERL in LD 17 I tried to Print existing and there are none, I also try to add new and here is what I got.

=> prt erl
No ERLs configured

=> new erl
Usage: NEW ERL <erl> [<RT_RLI> <route_rli> <ac> <prepend> <staticElin> <osdn>]

Could you share with me the steps or command to add a new one.

And do I need to create new RLI and new COT route with POTS lines for each location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back