Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up 10-10-323 LD service 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knutsaq

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2001
CA
Ok,

I'm new to the Definity system, but I'm picking it up very quickly (at least I think I am).

Our Long Distance (LD) carrier (World XChange Communications) went down yesterday, leaving us in a real bad situation. In order to get up and running ASAP, our new carrier gave us an access code to get LD service immediately. But, when I dial the code, I get an error (or what I'm assuming is an error) beeping on the line and nothing happens.

I've changed the ars analysis for 1010323 to accept 18 digits and tried the same call routing as local, LD, Toll-free and others, but nothing works.

Any ideas?
Knutsaq

You are dialing "9" first right?
;) Just making sure...

You can dial local, just no Long-Distance numbers?
Make sure in the ARS table that those numbers are fnpa call types. Also try passing/not passing a "1" to your service provider.

Yeah, I'm dialing the 9.

Local service is fine. That's all through Bell. Even some Canadian long distance is ok. We've got nothing to the US though. Even our 800 line is dead. What a day.

After further discussion with Bell Canada, apparently the 1010323 number will never work due to our system. Whether that's a load of crap or not, I don't know.

I do find it funny that a third party calling card will work fine though. Right now, that's the only way we're getting any business done. I shudder to think of what the bill might be. Especially if Bell takes the week to get us up and running that they say it will.

Thanks though.
Knutsaq.

Are the working numbers for Canada using the same trunks as your normal LD? You can easily try this quickly if 1010323 is still supposedly "set up" for you to use:
Find the route pattern that the ars table says it's using, and then do a:
ch ro pa x where "x" is the route pattern number.

try removing the inserted digits if it is a "1" or removing it for that route-pattern, and see if this works. If not, you can quickly switch-back to what it was previously.

If nothing works, then Ma Bell's got ya locked in her arms - and you're probably gonna have to wait..it's the best choice.

PBX,

I've changed every option in our system that I can think of.

bah...bend over and take it from Bell time.

Thanks again.

Knut.

Knut,

To rule out any ARS or AAR problems directly access the trunk with a TAC (trunk acces code) and directly dial the number....

or is the some US thingee I won't understand... anyways...

Rgds,

M.

MKU,

That's a great idea. I'll bet it'll work too.

Its rather moot at this point, since Bell got us up and running this morning.

I'd love to know where they get "a week and a half" time frame from, since they switched us over in under 24 hours. You should've seen the look I got when I told the President of the company that we might be without LD for a week. It wasn't too friendly. My fault or not, they blame me.

Thanks guys,
Knutsaq.

What version of Definity are you on? If you are version R8.3 or higher use the list trace station {extension numbet} to check the ars. It will give you the detailed analysis of the dialed digits, patern match in the ars ana table, trunk group selected, AND more importantly the dialed digits. This saves a TON of time trouble shooting ars trouble.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back