Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting the viewer hyperlink URL for BOE XI.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

khartman

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2001
US
Hi All. I am setting up BOE XI and am trying to enable the ability to attach a report/object URL to an email so the recipient can view the object. I know where to set the value (Objects->Object Settings...) but I do not know what the correct syntax is. I was able to do it in version 10 but things are a little different. This is what I have:

"

I am getting an error message ("Fail to get report source - the object was not found). I have also tried using the other viewers, including the hyperlink, and they are all giving me similar messages.

We are running BOE XI on a WindowsServer 2003 box using IIS 6. The clients are all WinXP.

Any help would be appreciated.

--Ken

Kenneth Hartman
Manager, EIS
Hughes Network Systems

Hi,
Are you literally using a variable ( %SI_ID%') on the URL..How will the viewer object know what ID to use?

Have the report scheduled with a destination of EMail and an option wil be to have BOE will add a link in the email to allow viewing ( Or send the report as a PDF file..)

If you want to give a user 'direct' URL access to a published report, the URL needs to have the Actual ID# and authentication information included..Something Like:

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Turkbear,

Thanks for the feedback. I should of elaborated more on what I am trying to accomplish. I am looking at the "Send To E-mail" function within the InfoView itself (the hyperlink placeholder option) to send a report object to another user. I wanted the users to be able to email a URL containing a link to a specific report within the Enterprise. Hence the use of the SI_ID variable. Using the variable picks up the object ID of the object the sender is viewing or has checked to be sent. I got it to work using the following:

I was trying to avoid using the "viewer.csp" script, but it seems to be the only one which works. We do use SSO and that takes care of the authentication. However; I do see what you are getting at if I want the users to be able to pass specific instances of a report to each other. I need to rethink this.

Thanks,
--Ken

Kenneth Hartman
Manager, EIS
Hughes Network Systems

We are running BOE XI on a WindowsServer 2003 box using IIS 6. The clients are all WinXP.
I have used the Hyperlink (Add place holder) in the "send to email" destination in Infoview successsfully to have an instance of a report mailed to users. We also use SSO. However, after a recent update (latest BOXI and Common XI update)the links no longer work. I have tried everything recommended by BO to no avail. On clicking a link, e.g

the browser returns:

"An error has occurred: An unknown error has occurred."

How can I troubleshoot the problem? Or is there a known solution? I believe the problem is with openDocument.aspx in the scrript directory of Infoview, but I don't know where to start and would be grateful for any assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back