Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting the Time on a Firebox 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjh1

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
GB
When I look at the Status Report in the Wtchguard Monitors the time shown in the report is one hour behind what it should be. I have checked that I have got the correct time zone set in the Policy Manager, which I have ie Europe/London (Great Britain). If I look at the Traffic Monitor the correct time is showing. Where do I set the time so that it appears correctly in the Status Report?

Thanks in advance,

Caroline [ponder]

The Firebox receives the time from the log host. Incorrect log time stamps usually result from one of three things:
[ul][li]The Firebox does not have an active logging connection to a log host.[/li]
[li]The time on the log host is incorrect[/li]
[li]The Firebox time zone is incorrect.[/li]
[li]The log host does not have the Simple TCP/IP Service installed.[/li][/ul]
Because the Firebox gets the time from the log host, make sure the time and time zone on the log host is set correctly. Because some installations contain Fireboxes in multiple time zones with a single log host, WG designed the system so that the Firebox time uses Greenwich Mean Time received from the log host via the logging channel (known as controld). The local time for the log files is then computed on the log host based the Firebox's Time Zone setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back