Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting the report name in Crystal when open in excel directly

Status
Not open for further replies.

kala1234

Programmer
Feb 13, 2003
IN
Hi,

I'm using crystal 8.5 enterprise on Solaris. Here we are viewing the reports through the eportfolio. The UI is changed and we are attaching a parameter screen, which is a jhtml file. On submit of the page the Crystal Web request is created which will open the report in Excel format.

NOW THE PROBLEM IS HERE. WHEN I OPEN THE REPORT FILE, THE REPORT FILE HAS SOME RANDOM NAME. AND MY QUESTION IS WHERE I CAN SPECIFY THE NAME???SOMETHING LIKE THE VIEWER SHOULD OPEN THE REPORT IN EXCEL WITH THE SAME NAME OF THAT OF THE REPORT....

Can anyone show me some pointers in this regard..
Any help will be appreiciated...don't have much time...
Thanks in Advance
Kala

I have the same problem in Crystal 8.5 under Windows NT. I've always assumed it was a limit to the software. Madawc Williams
East Anglia
Great Britain

Hi,

Thank you very much for the response.Even after one day of r&d we also came to the same conclusion...

Thanks again
Kala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back