Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting text box line spacing cuts off characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfleischman

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2001
US
I have a report that needs to be double-spaced. The body of the report consists of a single text box which concantates the various data fields and static text. To get the double-spacing, I tried setting the Line Spacing property of the text box to something other than zero. The Can Grow and Can Shrink properties are also set to "yes". With Line spacing set to zero, all the data is displayed, with it set to any non-zero setting, the text is cut off after approx. 300 characters. How can I get this to work properly, or is their another way to make the report double-spaced? I do not want to merge to a Word document. I have other reports in this app that are far more complicated and work perfectly, though none need to be double-spaced.

Include one (rather wide) unbound text box with no control source above the ones you want "double spaced". DO NOT set the grow/shrink properties to yes.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

Searching for employment in all the wrong places

The control source for the text box I wish to double space is similar to the following:

=Format([field1],">") & " COURT: County of " & Format([field2],">") & ". " & [field3] & " vs. " & [field4] & ", Defts: " & [field5] & ". Dated " & Format$([field6],"mmmm d"", ""yyyy") & ", I will sell at " & [field7] & " on " & Format$([field8],"mmmm d"", ""yyyy") & " at " & Format$([field9],"h:nn am/pm") & ". Premises known as: " & [field10] & ", " & [field11] & ". Said property " & [field12]

Field12 is a memo field, which I first thought was the cause, but the problem persists whether it is included or not.

Inserting an unbound text box above this one does not address the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back