Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting styles

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoyleyboyley

Vendor
May 6, 2003
GB
hey there.

i need to set a style up as having text and a line to write on, on the same line. the text needs to be black, and the line needs to be a percentage of black.

so far, i've only managed to get it so the whole style is a percentage...

thanks

Hmmm, that's a tricky one. If each line is followed by a return charactor, it's easy enough: just define a paragraph style sheet and set the rule below option to 50% black.

If that's not the case, you're stuck with the underline option in a charactor style sheet which, as you've noted, takes on the color and shade of the charactor.

One workaround would be to define two identical style sheets. Then change one to be 50% black with underline checked, and the other to be 100% black with no underline. Type all your text with the underline style, then step & repeat that text box with no offset, and set the runaround and box color to none. Change the style to the one without underlining, and you'll have the effect you're looking for.

yeah, i figured there wouldnt be an easy solution to it...[ponder]

unfortunately, it all needs to be on the same line-

just didnt want to be messing around selecting parts of text

hey ho- more work for me then [pc2]

There's a Quark Xtension for custom underline styles, called TypeTricks (version 4.x and 5.x) which will allow you to create custom underline styles (colors, multiple rules, custom offset, etc.) Should do what you want -- and has very useful spacing adjustments as well (word kerning) along with custom price styles, etc.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back