Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting speaker volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectrumdata

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2003
US
I'm looking for a quick and easy way to set my system volume. I have voice notifs (it's raining, it's getting colder outside etc) and if my speaker's too low I don't notice them. If I turn it up it's annoying.

I want to turn sound up to 70% before the announcement then down to 40% after.

Since it's just for this, I'm looking for a standalone that will do this for me from a prg.

John

I assume these setting are in the registry, but you would have to go in and find them. If you're able to locate them, I suspect you could change them with a write to the registry.

Jim Osieczonek
Delta Business Group, LLC

John,
I never found an "easy" way to do this, but there are a number of volume control OCX controls - some very simple and cheap.

First go to - I found a lot of volume controls here.

Next I choose "Volume" at (go here for description / more info). I downloaded the sample, and it uses Msvbvm50.dll (it should be in your C:\Winnt\system\ directory).

Note: I picked this one to try first because we've had good luck with other Mabry controls - they've actually heard of VFP and they are relatively cheap.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back