Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting site's testing server

Status
Not open for further replies.

victora

Programmer
Feb 11, 2002
US
I have a problem setting up my testing server.

I have two web apps already running on 2 sites. Nothing fancy, just a search function (master/detail). When I developed them 2 years ago, I had no problems setting up my test server. Actually I’m using the same connection string for this new project. Therefore, my web server and sql server are fine. By the way I upgraded to DW 8.0.2 / ASP and backend is MS SQL 2000.
Here’s my working connection string: (replaced var names with Xs and Ys)

<%
' FileName="Connection_odbc_conn_dsn.htm"
' Type="ADO"
' DesigntimeType="ADO"
' HTTP="true"
' Catalog=""
' Schema=""
Dim MM_connXXXXXX_STRING
MM_connXXXXXX_STRING = "dsn=xxxxxxxx;uid=yyyyyyyyy;pwd=;"
%>

From the tab Databases, I can see all the tables. The tab Bindings shows 4 steps but I cannot pass item “ 3. Set up the site’s testing server” It brings me to the Site Definition Dialog box where I set up Server Model = ASP VBScript, Access= Local/Network and other 2 items. This is exactly my settings on my 2 previous apps. A checkmark did not show up at step 3 hence cannot press + button to set up my recordset.

I checked the other working apps and it shows a red exclamation point infront of ‘Go to Detail Page’ under the Server Behaviors tab. Now, this 2 year old, previously working version is also messed up.

What happened? Please help, I’m in big trouble! Where will I start checking? web server? sql server? DW?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back