Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting session variable - Onclick 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC77

Technical User
Jul 24, 2001
US
I have a session variable defined in the application.cfm:

<cflock name="sLogin_Lock" timeout="30" type="exclusive" >
<cfset session.TreeView = 'true'>
</cflock>

In a subsequent .cfm I have a checkbox that has checked/value of the session variable.

<cfinput type="checkbox" name="treeShow" checked="#session.TreeView#"
value="#session.TreeView#" label="Show Applications Window"
onClick="#session.TreeView# = treeShow.selected;"/>

When clicked I want to set the session variable to be equal to treeShow.selected value, but this does not work and errors with "Left side of assignment operator must be variable or property"

I have tried a few variations of using # , etc....any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

i dont use cfform or cfinput at all but unless i am very mistaken about CFFORM, this will not work:
Code:
onClick="#session.TreeView# = treeShow.selected;"/>

how exactly is the page going to edit that session variable after coldfusion has finished processing the page? cfform writes a standard html form and the javascript for any validation etc.. that you put into the CFINPUT tags. you would need to put a javascript function call in that onclick attribute to do what you need. use a javascript function to call a hidden iframe or something that can change that session variable.

=========================================
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

You'd have to reload the page (so CF can re-process it) if you want that onClick to register the onlick. Which might be very annoying to the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back