Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting scheduled backups from DSSU to Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJibbles

MIS
Apr 25, 2007
GB
Hello,

I currently have a few policies which are set to backup to a staging unit. I would like to set these to go to tape every few weeks.
Would this be done though the multiple copy option for the policy? The only other thing I can see is the watermaking on the staging unit, but as this staging unit is quite large, it is difficult to find the correct values to use!

Thanks in advance

Giles

Actually it's better if you perform the staging operation a little more often then every couple of weeks.

NBU will not delete a disk image that has been staged immediately. It will mark it with a .ds and then 2 circumstances will cause the image to be deleted.

1. The expiry period is reached

2. The volume gets full, at that point NBU will delete the oldest images with .ds in the name down to the low water mark.

Please see page 47 in the NBU 6.0 Admin Guide for UNIX which covers this in a little more detail.

If you don't perform the staging often enough, then the process when it runs will take days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back