Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Reminder Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighLife

Programmer
Jun 17, 2003
AU
I have an application which I need to have a an action button that will set a reminder in the current users calendar, 2 weeks from the current date.

I'm trying to do this using @functions but I cant seem to set the fields on the reminder form - except for the "AppointmentType" which is the only one that appears to work? Here is the code that I'm using in the action button:

@Command([Compose]; @MailDbName; "Appointment");
FIELD AppointmentType:=AppointmentType;
FIELD StartDate:=StartDate;
FIELD Subject:=Subject;
NowDate:=@Now;
RemindDate:=@Adjust(NowDate;0;0;14;0;0;0);
@SetField("AppointmentType";"4");
@SetField("StartDate";RemindDate);
@SetField("Subject";"Hello");

As I said, the only field that seems to work is the AppointmentType? Is what I'm doing possible using @Functions or will I have to quickly learn lotusscript to get this done?

Are you getting any error about being an incorrect data type for the field?

Possibly a data type conflict?

...no error, just opens a new "reminder" appointment form but the dates are the current date/time (defaults) and no subject?

Have you got Default values set for the fields that are not being set? Sounds like you have and these fields are being set with "defaults" as you mentioned.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back