Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting "0" as repeat menu key

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSantamaria

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2013
US
I want users to repeat menu play when they press 0 key. But the path choices I have are Menu, Info, Xfer, and Lv Msg.

Can somebody assist me? I have already downloade many pdf but I don't see it anywhere!

Thanks.

You can set the atdt to "n", the system will respond with that extension is not available and send the caller back to the main "home" greeting. If you are using a CCR tree to answer calls.

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti

I wouldn't use zero, I would use the next digit not being used in your CCR. For example if you have press 1 for sales press 2 for accounting press 3 etc. then you would say to hear this menu again press 4. Also you set the digit under repeat key not under path.

Jeremy J. Carter
Charm City Communications
Norstar. BCM. CS1000 Programmer

0 is too often used as operator access (maybe this is why you want to make it the repeat key .... ) but along the lines of what Norstarboy125 said, I would actually pick a number at the upper end, say 9, then make all your menus as consistent as possible, where 9 is repeat in all of them. If you ever have to add options to your list, you do not have to move it, then you don't get people who call it a lot, not listening to the prompts and just pressing the wrong buttons. Also makes documentation much easier too, when you have standards to go by.

My thought was that they wanted to force the callers to listen to the choices and make the customers go to the right dept. So callers will hit 0 just to bypass the menus.

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti

MSantamaria

What is the update/resolution on this?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

on almost all Call Pilot voicemail systems "0" is reserved for use to call the attendant and when voicemail is initialized 9 is normally assigned to the group mailbox setting so you would do better to use 1-7 as a repeat key and announce that in your recordings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back